View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Posted in wheels forum/got no help.. anyone here?

I just did my first swap over to winters by hand today. I was doing it over at my parents house and everything went smooth except for the fact that I left my adapter at my condo with my tools. So I used a leveraged bar from my jack on my lug wrench and really tightened the lugs.

On the way home my TPMS lights came on which once I reset, went away (tends to do this when I swap to my winters/summers from 17/18's). No problems there. All pressures were fine.

However, when I got home and set my torque wrench to 88lb/ft I could not get the thing to click and the lug nuts seemed REALLY tight enough to that I was moving the car around considerably.

So my question is:

Does the torque wrench (Mastercraft Maximum 1/2 drive) not click if I have over tightened the lugs by hand? So if I accidentally torqued them to 95 lb/ft by hand and I set my lug wrench to 88 and give it hell, will it not click?

I will be loosening all my bolts tomorrow and torquing them from "not-so tight" to see if this helps.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0