Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smckenna@talstar.com View Post
You mention the word "performance", suggesting that the performance would be better by sticking with the 18" wheels. Why? Are you referring to handling, cornering performance, or straight line accelleration performance, or what did you mean? If there really is a performance difference, than my decision is over (sticking with the 18's). Thanks in advance.
lighter weight properties. You can go pretty wide with new tires on 18's if you choose to but OEM 19's tend to be a little heavier (18's are still a bit heavy but not as much as 19's). The best way to eliminate the weight is an aftermarket light weight 18" rim... maybe even 17" but thats really only necessary if you track your car.

If you want to do aftermarket rims, don't bother paying for the OEM 19's cuz you'll be swapping them out anyway. If you want it a bit lighter but still OEM, stick with the 18's. If you don't care really (I mean its not affecting it THAT much) and don't care too much about the ride being a touch bumpy then go for the upgraded OEM 19's. You can always ditch the RFT's for regular tires which will help with the ride quality too.
Appreciate 0