View Single Post
      09-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #170
The Flying Scotsman
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I'm sure that the 20 hp increase will satisfy a 16 year old for about 30 minutes but the real performance inthusiast doesn't worry about the warranty issues because would rather get more power out of their car. Active Autowerke has, from what I believe, to be one of the best products on the market. Their offer software flashes for both the N54 and N55 motor which produce around an 80 hp increase in power. Their products are always tested for reliability for about a year before they are released onto the market. I have never heard of an issue with the software that Active provide!

It goes with saying that a stock N54 or N55 can have issues with reliability if the owner takes his car and races it on the track. Just because you upgrade your software to a more powerful tune, does not necessarily mean that you will blow your motor or transmission. I believe that the driver will determine this more than the actual tune. Make sure that you do research on whatever tune that you decide to purchase but i believe that Active Autowerke have the best on the market for performance and reliability combined!
Appreciate 0