View Single Post
      01-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #51
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
So what would you get? For the last 12 years or so, I've driven only turbo'd cars, and have intentionally only bought those, knowing the potential for tuning them to make big power with ease and little $. I don't think I'll ever go with an NA engine again!

Even Audi's 3.0T engine that's supercharged can be tuned to squeeze out a lot more power, and I at first thought that superchargers didn't leave much on the table, only turbos did, but looks like that's not the case with that engine!
Well my last car was N/A but I added a supercharger. It was quite fun and VERY reliable. Oh and might I mention 70K miles and it NEVER saw the dealer.

Next on my personal list is a c6 z06. For those who know me I've been talking about it for years even before I bought my BMW. Hopefully next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahdickey View Post
this sounds exactly like what i am going through right now. Recently purchased a 2008 335i sedan, has 43k miles, and i am getting the shuddering/hiccup at low (2-3k) rpms, and sometimes throwing misfire codes on cylinder 2,3 and random.

My HPFP and Injectors were never changed, so i am going to the dealer on Tuesday to take care of those, hoping that will solve it.

Also, my Spark Plugs have not been changed, so i am changing those this weekend.

Any other advice?

Ill post my results.
That should be it.
Appreciate 0