07-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
SRT14PimPin07
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emre View Post
I had it installed 3 weeks ago. I am VERY happy with it.

I had to change the downpipe in order to run Stage 2 (Evotech flash) but I did not want to go catless. I don't mind 10whp less , I just did not want to deal with smell and also did not want a very loud exhaust.

Catted downpipe was the only way to go for me and I am very happy I went with AR Design. I got what I expected.

I was planning to get the bmw performance exhaust but at the moment I am so happy with the current set up that I will keep it as is. I love the exhaust note at every RPM , half throttle or WOT - just the right tone I would love to hear. Cold start in the garage is simply amazing. It is actually very loud (for me) for the first 20 - 25 seconds but sounds great ! Golf Tee mod done by the way.

Regarding the smell, I did not notice any even sitting at traffic lights with the windows down. If I let the car idle for some time in the garage , enjoying the cold start :-) , then there is a bit of smell but still not much.

Even with the flash, there was still some turbo lag and the downpipe took care of it. Spool is MUCH quicker.

I was not there during the install, so I don't know how it went but the guys would have let me know if they had any trouble with the fitment. I believe it went very smooth
Thanx for that info. I have a few unanswered questions if you can help.

You ever experiance rough idles or any weird RPM increase or decrease?

Do you get any codes or lights on the dash?

Whats the EGT bung 1/8 in for? Do I need it?

Thanks!