Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dconnelly9191 View Post
I was thinking about doing a cobb tune been looking in to it quite a bit. What other mods would you recommend doing after the tune to get the best performance for the cost?
One of the easiest ways to find out about popular mods and support the forum is go to the vendor marketplace and scope out vendors like N54tuning and XtremePowerHouse and then purchase from one of them. These vendors pay a fee to advertise and thus pay for the server that hosts this forum.

Popular mods:
  • Tune - JB4 or Cobb
  • FMIC - VRSF has one that is significantly cheaper than most others and so is very popular. VRSF offers a new 5" stepped FMIC that does not require the bumper to be modified as well as a 7" that requires the inner fins of the bumper to be trimmed.
  • Oil Catch Can - a must for any turbo
  • Charge pipe - the OEM charge pipe is plastic, cheaply made and prone to cracking
  • Intake - Lots of options, including Injen, AFE, BMS, etc.
  • Downpipe - Many options available. VRSF has one that is relatively inexpensive and therefore popular.
  • Upgraded turbo - Several companies are in the process of releasing a stage 1 upgrade with a larger compressor wheel inside an OEM housing. Provides more torque in the top half of the rev band.

Lighter wheels, such as Apex, are a performance mod because they reduce the weight that the engine has to turn.