View Single Post
      03-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #25
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Hey guys, so i just got back from my court hearing in Virginia(I live in PA). Things went well in court.

Almost two months ago when the Sheriff initially pulled me over, he had mentioned (after we had been conversing for about ten minutes) that i could get the ticket lowered in court by mentioning my defective speedometer followed by a distinct wink.

Back to today, when i first arrived the officer was outside of the court room so i spoke with him. We came to an agreement. Once my case was called to the docket the officer made his testimony about how he used specialty radar (moving radar) to track my small black sports car at a rate of 72 in a 55, he also mentioned that i was nice, polite and courteous with him. It was then my turn to make a statement.

I informed the judge that i had an "equipment malfunction" and that the Sheriff and i had come to an agreement. He then asked what the recommended fine was(The sheriff told me to say $100 prior to this) and that is what i said. The judge said the court accepts the agreement. I said thank you and went to pay my fine.

Now my insurance rates won't increase as no points were issued.

Last edited by TwinTurboXI; 09-05-2017 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0