QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Raise the subsonic to 40Hz at 24dB, or 50Hz at 18dB. Try calibrating in the 30dB range... there could be some clipping going on at -23dB if you hear harsh sound at -6dB general volume. There should be no harshness all the way to 0dB.
Will try this

Quote:
Skip input setup. Do not use the CD included with the MS-8, it is not required. Make sure that the MS-8 RCA inputs correspond to the OEM HU outputs: MS-8 CH1 input should be the OEM HU left output, CH2 should be the right output. The RCA with the red band is always RIGHT.
I am skipping per your instructions the channels when doing the test tones are right on point with your email.

- CH1 = Left front
- CH2 = Right front
- CH3 = Left woofer
- CH4 = Right woofer
- CH5 = Left rear
- CH6 = Right rear
- CH7 = Center
- CH8 = Not used/your trunk sub via MS-8 CH8 RCA output

Quote:
The rears will not sound in full because the Logic7 only sends what it processed as surround sounds. If you defeat the Logic7 then you will hear in full at the rear speakers.
Gotcha ( same as in a home theater ) didnt put 2 and 2 together Pretty sure most are leaving logic 7 on for a more focuse'd front... Im assuming its like home theater where your center channel is your main channel it just sounds like its 75% center channel and 25% front vs like 50/50 again probaly by design.

Quote:
I would try the woofers as subs from 50Hz to 200Hz as well.
Thanks Technic,
I will try all the above a little later as its 95 degrees outside right now so in the car with the windows up is a little rough.

Im learining more and more as I go so I apreciate the help!
Appreciate 0