View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
CHECKERED
ex deus machina
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30, F15, Audi S4

Arrow New owner checking in with a bunch of questions, yes I searched.

1. Why do most people run oem spark plugs, if we are running more boost aren’t we better off running one step colder plugs?

2. What is the general consensus when it comes to running oil additives (ie lucas oil stabilizer)

3.a Downpipes, the E92 is my daily driver and I’m trying to keep it as quiet as I can while still increasing the efficiency of the motor, does anyone have experience with running de-cated oem downpipes or cat-less aftermarket DP, with stock exhaust? After looking up a bunch of youtube videos it seems like the car is much louder.

3.b On the same topic, why are de-catted oem downpipes not a popular option? In the audi world, de-catting the oem downpipes (known as piggy pipes) is one of the best bang for the buck mods and stealthy install.

4. Is it worth my time to use header wrap on DP’s and piping that brings the compressed air to the intercooler? (the technical name escapes me at the moment)

This is my preventive maintenance list to both get better mpg and more power: (car has 33K miles on it) feedback is always appreciated.
Run concentrated techron 20 gallon treatment, remove intake manifold inspect/clean any carbon build up on valves, install oil catch can, clean VANOS Solenoids, new spark plugs , oem air filter for now, oil change using Gunk system flush then fill with Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40.

My upgrade path is as follows; again please chime in with feedback.
JB4->oil catch can->aftermarket oil cooler (car came without an oem oil cooler )->catless downpipes->AFE stage 2 intake with ram air scoops-> IC-> LSD

The car will never see a catback exhaust or BOV’s
Gone: E92 335i N54 468rwtq
Appreciate 0