View Single Post
      04-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
deltron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325xi Monaco Blue

bartman,

I'm picking up a second set of rims/tires as well for my daily driving. The set I have now I'll probably auto-cross with one more time before I swap them out for summer performance tires.

During my first auto-cross I had a tough time braking hard (sounds stupid) going through sharp 180 turns, because I felt like I had to be going fast all the time. If I slowed down enough, I'd probably have saved my tires from the beating they took. I'm going to work on that in the next event I go to.

Did your E46 come with the 4yr,50k free maintenance/warranty? I imagine I will go through my brake pads and rotors faster than drivers who don't race would. You think the dealer will replace them with no questions asked?

I figure the new E9x 3-series are tougher than any other 3-series they've ever built. The E36 and E46 both had sub-frame problems when the stress was too great. They fixed that in the E9x, which to me implies the cars are more rigid and can take more stress than those cars ever could. Not sure if this is a rationalization on my part or valid argument.

Last edited by deltron; 04-29-2007 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0