View Single Post
      05-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I only got to test it for a brief stint on the highway (including the fun on-ramp). 2nd gear pulled much harder than earlier in the day (before the new goodies). Boost may have hit the target faster with a bit more torque down there, which helped with the "fierce" feeling. Up top it felt stronger as well... i don't know what Shiv did but it feels stronger everywhere. I'll be able to test it a bunch more today and report back this evening
ok... quick review.... kinda strange... dropping from 90 UT to 85 (default... following directions like shiv says).... had an extra 2 people in the car... about 300 lbs extra....

so not really apples to apples in terms of my butt dyno... but these feel good....

certainly smoother/stronger on the top end of each gear.. nice and steady. as always... ..

also... maybe it's just me.... but it feels like some of the initial 'attack' when you first hit the gas that i had with the 2-19 maps came back... (i hope this is true and not just me seeing what i'm hoping to see... if there is no reason to feel this... i could be imagining, and my request to get that back still stands...)

AND THE BEST PART !!!! AND SHIV DON'T EVER TAKE THIS AWAY !!!! Backfiring while shifting 1-2 and 2-3 !!!!! Super Sick !!! (haven't had that since my old RX-7s.. yes.. plural.. only one burnt down though )

will test more eventually with less weight in the car.... but overall very very happy with first impressions... fixes the top end a little bit....

i've always liked the extra punch of the CANBus maps...especially down low... but sometimes felt like the car would 'struggle' a little on top... this seems just as strong.... but with the top fixed.

great work shiv.... looking forward to more...
Appreciate 0