Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
+1 for Jury's Inn in Islington, its just around the corner from upper st which has a lot of nice bars and restaurants and is a bit more lively in the evenings than your other choice. But if you are saving money you can always travel up to angel on the tube.
I would also recommend heading up to camden lock, very popular place to visit with a market and small shops/stalls selling weird and wonderfull stuff
You guys are making me rethink my hotel choice We were kind of shooting with the fact that we won't even be in the room all that often to begin with.

Is London kind of like getting around NYC? I get around NYC fine. So if I can handle that I'm sure London wont be all that bad.

Are cabs really that expensive? I mean as long as you stay within the congestion zone or don't take a taxi within the zone from outside and don't have to pay any tolls right? Not that I'm lazy but looking at google maps things look close to tube stops but then you do a walking distance and it tells you 20-30 mins for nearly everything haha. To me the Judd hotel and Jury's look like a 10 min walk apart but google says its 30 minutes.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0