View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
tmac01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

System sounding Great but have rattle in Mid-Bass

So finally after tons of calibrating and numerous posts and help from Kaigoss,Jeffb,Kayza,Technic and many others on this board my system in my E90 sounds Awesome just phenomenal except for two issues with my Kicker SBM8's mid-bass under seat speakers. I am running the XD 600/6 amp and the MS- 8 processor and I am running my system using Kaigoss's mod which brought out the mids and with a change in my sub and sub amp it sounds great but here is the two issues:
1. The passenger side mid-bass is not as loud as the drivers side(I can live with this but it's still not right)
2. THE BIG PROBLEM ! When I play heavy mid-bass music at louder levels (not real loud just louder) the drivers side mid-bass speaker makes a buzzing sound almost like it's touching something sounds bad. The speakers are installed with JT-Sherris spacers and have the correct adapters.

So here is what I've done to try and fix the problem:
1. Cut the carpet correctly
2. Put some spacers on my actual seat to be sure it's not touching the seat
3. Lowered the level of the mid-bass on my amp
4. Just turn the bass down on the MS-8 (this works but takes away the great sound it has with it up a little)
Also, My MS-8 just turns off from time to time but then it comes back on and plays fine just can't figure that out either and didn't know if these two issues were related. Any help is appreciated and for the record here are my settings:
MS-8 is at around 160hz (components)
Sub-70hz
Have the LP on and set at around 11 o'clock and 220hz on the mid-bass.
Comps on amp have the Hi-Pass on and level around 11 o'clock as well.

Thanks !!!!!
Appreciate 0