View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #2590
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme52I View Post
Thats because you didn't bed them properly. Also, the HT10 race pads work perfectly fine on the street, arguably as good or better than many street pads.
Can you explain these two things, mainly how a race pad's functionality is "as good" as street pads, at daily driver temperature ranges?

The car will stop with any type of pad friction, despite 'where they work best' . What you see as 'optimal' for his application is what I think needs explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme52I View Post
Also, race pads should not have any issue crumbling at low temp and they do not leave deposits unless they are at extremely high temperature, which won't be seen on the street.
I've only observed issues of pad deposit. What i've noticed is when people who drive race pads out of range, then suddenly (with a high speed stop) get them at optimal range very quickly, usually more than once, can be followed by issues of pad deposit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
My pads are pretty worn now, What you reccomend for both street+track? I'm tired of the steering wheel shaking at 60-100.
If you plan on going fast, i'd recommend pads for the track and pads for the street. If you look at graphs good street pads offer a temperature range that's wide, but not optimal for the track for long because the sustained temperatures are at the limits or past the optimal temperature range of the pad (this is why you get reduced feel and fade). Race pads are always optimized for that temperature range and will always work better in those situations. It's a trade off. You can use street pads, and they will stop, but it's not ideal past a certain point

Last edited by Onurleft; 11-14-2013 at 12:22 AM..
Appreciate 0