View Single Post
      03-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
The day they allowed you to queue up for everything without having to leave town they wrote their own death warrant. Same thing happened to EQ when they introduced the Nexus/Bazaar. The community aspect of the game disappeared.

I have been playing MMO's since UO. You name it, I probably participated in a closed or open beta. Graphics mean absolutely nothing to me. I only comment on them because it is important to some. I run all my MMOs on the lowest settings. Same deal with storylines.. I don't really pay attention to the story lines. I play for the escape factor.

The question I am going to ask is this: When you tried Rift, were you still active in WOW? If so, you are never going to be able to compare a brand new game to your current addiction.

I have absolutely no affinity for any game right now. The last game I put effort into was WAR. It was fun until they destroyed my class and we gained entrance into Cities.

You played for 10 minutes and found the story to be the reason you were not interested in the entire game. Then spent a paragraph explaining the importance of gameplay. Your decision was made before you installed the game. That is not a bad thing. We all play what we enjoy. If we can burn a few hours a day doing something we enjoy, what is the harm in it? Shit, I still enjoy going back and playing P99 from time to time. I played EQ for half a decade and I have very little memory of the storyline. But the game was/is still amazing.
I haven't been active in wow for a while. Pretty much just waiting for SWTOR at this point.