View Single Post
      02-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #66
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

I see no reason why this deal should not go through. If people would take the time to view the facts and not listen to "talking heads" people would know the real reasons.

-If anyone ever visited the UAE people would know that the US miitary depends on this same company for the security of ports in the UAE...If it's good enough for the military overseas where there is a bigger chance of an attack than I think it is good enough for the US.

- U.S. Ports have been ran by foreign compaines for years. The only reason this hit the spot light is because it's an Arab company from the UAE. No one complained about the British running our ports.

- The U.S. Customs and Coast Guard will still guard the US and secure the ports. The company is for operations at the port, and security at the port to deter crime. Federal Agencies still control and will control who can enter, exit, and who can dock at ports. This is why we have a Coast Guard and Customs.

- UAE has and still remains one of the countries supporting the GWOT. I could see if Iran, Syria, or Nigeria tried to run our ports but in reality the UAE is a moderate country...has anyone been to Dubai? It's a great place.
Appreciate 0