03-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Squintstream
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 435i M Sport

Your cars over the years...

Guys,

I thought it would be interesting to see each others previous cars and how they have developed/improved over the years. I'll start;

D Reg - Ford Sierra 1.6i Ghia - A few gadgets (for its year), but too heavy and as a result very slow/thirsty.

G Reg - Rover 214 GSI - A definite improvement, handled OK and was keen to rev and was relatively quick. Thankfully I wasn't really hit with any reliability issues.

K Reg - S13 Nissan 200SX - First rear wheel drive car where you had to feather the throttle round the corners. A great car and so pleased I owned one.

M Reg - S14 Nissan 200SX - Although faster I was never really impressed with the handling compared to the previous car. You could really get yourself into trouble if you weren't watching what you were doing.

Y Reg - Subaru Impreza WRX - Fantastic car and loved the 4 wheel drive in the wet. But if it let go, you best be on guard. I got into a truly pant filling moment with it , but managed to hold it and continue with the journey.

2005 - Seat Leon Cupra R - Possible strange choice vs the previous rear/4 wheel drive cars. But very capable; handled well; was quick and I loved the look of it (still a great looking hatchback and arguably one of the best).

2007 - E90 BMW 335d - Truly great car and made better by the engine. That said, the sound just never got my juices running, if you know what I mean.

2009 - E92 BMW 335i DCT - Present car and obviously I now have the sound track to go along with the 3 litre straight 6. Love it and still "look forward" to going out in it and without question the DCT box can be a smooooooth tourer or an aggressive bitch as and when required.

As you'll see, things have steadily improved and the current car is obviously the best, just not sure on which way I'll go next...

So let us know your car history and we'll hopefully gather a bit more of an insight into our fellow posters.

NB You should ONLY list cars that you have owned and not cars that you've driven or had access to!

Charlie
Appreciate 0