United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [10.00]
2011 E90 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA Diesel View Post
Gotta love it when people feel compelled to comment (using their first amendment rights, I suppose) when they weren't asked for their comment, i.e. all the guys with navi who felt compelled to justify why they got it, what navi does, etc...

the interior design elements as they are, without the second hump, which I feel puts to much visual emphasis on a secondary instrumentation/control system.
lol, like how the 335 guys and gals like to post over in the NA threads about how much better they are.

Compelled is the right term though, when we see it referred to as just navi or that it somehow impedes the performance or safety of the car. Lord knows it is better than someone fumbling with their iPhone for tomtom directions while blasting down the highways (I understand a very small faction actually have the proper phone mount and tomtom GPS unit, I will offend you some other way.). All modern BMW's are rolling computers, wether you have a screen or not.

As you guessed, yes I have iDrive and it is great. My 2011 has the best the e9X had to offer, my mother-in-law has a 2007 335i with iDrive and it is horrible because it was a dumbed down version o the 5 & 7 Series system that really was hard to navigate. If I had a choice on a pre LCI car it would be without it. But this thread is preying on the folks that got base model cars or bought used cars that don't know any better.

R.