View Single Post
      08-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
catdog
Banned
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997S

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
Great job Hotrod182. You always post some good info with evidence to back it up. Real world testing is always better to see than a bunch of dynos. You have validated your Gtech over time and time again, so I would say the results are pretty accurate. Really not a bad gain at all for a 91 octane JB1. With 93 octane, you'd probably be another mph better.

As far as I know, the DME should still pull timing if you induce knock retard for example if someone put 87oct in your car with the JB1 installed. The JB1 doesn't eliminate this fail safe. As Shiv mentioned before, it probably cuts into the factory placed saftey margin, but if its not inducing knock retard, there shouldn't be a problem. TErry mentioned doing lots of data logging at different ambient temps, different elevations, etc, and found a boost level for JB1 that wouldn't induce in knock retard in all conditions.
Dear Hotrod, in an attempt to match the high level of data you presented to us today, i sneaked out tonight (my wife is onto me, i mean how often does "i am just going to fill up at the gas station" work before she thinks there is another woman??? or something) and did three runs with temp 74 F, 1/4 tank full of Mobil 93. Examining the 3 runs, the faster one from yesterday showed that i held it in 3rd gear for longer closer to the red line whereas i shifted earlier in the 3 runs from today. All runs from today are in the 12.8-12.9 range so that run does not seem to have been a fluke, the car is fast (enough for now). Thoughts? Advice?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0