09-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #20
TheEvilandCharismaticMr.X
Rep
Drives: E90 330i zsp zpp

I think there is an issue if it slips at every stop
from what i've experienced,
in a normal breaking situations - the car should stop as normal
in emergency breaking situations - the car will come to a complete stop asap

i have only felt the soft stop on those in between breaking situations...like when the light changes and you decide to stop rather than go through. Alot harder than normal than you would normally apply the breaks, but not exactly completely slamming on the breaks. In that case i have felt the car slip. It works well in the sense that passengers aren't subjected to a snap back change in momentum on a hard stop.

unneccesary feature? perhaps
(assuming your breaks are functioning as they should) if you jam on the breaks and apply unneccesary break force, you are most likely going to engage the soft stop feature

about the hesitation...i never really noticed it, but a couple of my friends have.
but the issue is probably because the car will start from 2nd gear in both modes unless you manually select 1st
ie, a lag you would feel trying to start from a complete stop in 4th

however in the manual mode 1st gear seems too short if you are trying to drive aggressively, since the revs will be too high before the step wants to let you go to 2nd
although it is responsive from a dead stop in DS and you don't change the gears yourself

so, who knows
the gear ratio could use some tweaking to be ideal
Appreciate 0