View Single Post
      10-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #13
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by missylizzy View Post
Okay, so I just read that this is a common problem in 2006 BMW 325i. In March I noticed that the fan would intermittently lose power and get weaker then go back to normal. My parents took it to the dealership and had the problem fixed while I was out of town and it was okay until about Mid September. Then I noticed that it would still go out intermittently, like before, but it would also never get up to high - it was probably less than 50% of what it should have been.

Then 3 days ago it started clicking! The clicking is faster when the blower is turned up, so I think it's the actual fan.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, how much do you think it would cost to diagnose and fix this problem?

Thanks!!
Liz
It's the actual blower motor (which has the fan on it). The blower motor shaft is oriented vertically, which allows water to penetrate into the bearings. This eventually causes the bearings to fail, which lets shaft move around and the fan actually starts to hit the housing. It's an easy fix. The blower motor/fan costs about $100 at the dealer and should only take 1 hour of "book" time to replace, so $200 tops. A decent independent BMW shop can make this repair for you. Have you tried Curry's automotive? They work on BMWs and are an honest shop. There is one in Sterling.
Appreciate 0