View Single Post
      02-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
gerrydirish
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Jet Black/Black

Where to drive for fun in S.FL or elswhere

Hi all,

Would like to hear any recommendations on where to drive my car and get a chance to play with it a bit, and maybe experience some 'twisties'.....as I am not aware of any autobahn or curving mountain highways near my home lol

I won't speed around town for the obvious reasons (safety, kids, elderly, cops, etc) and I95 is pretty boring as it is pretty straight. Not interested in the track.

I can get a few minutes of fun in here or there, but is rare.

I would be happy to drive some distance to get an opportunity to experience more of my car's handling and agility, but don't want to drive 12 hours to the Carolinas to do so. I was looking for something closer. FL is pretty flat and most of it is 6" above sea level lol

However, I would plan a longer trip if that is what it takes. My family is in NJ and I have driven there and back several times. That would give me a lot of the coast to play with on the round trip..........

So, am interested in specific areas, that I can then map and plan around. Any state from FL to NJ would be great.

What do you folks do? I am sure there are many in my situation.....

I find myself driving around late at night just loving the car. No destination in mind, just cruising around like when we were kids..........Anyone else do this or am I just nuts?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Gerry.
Appreciate 0