United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Please read - Massachusetts Universal Health Care Law

Massachusetts Universal Health Care Law

Massachusetts Residents Required to Obtain Health Insurance by July 1, 2007

All Massachusetts residents should review the following notice carefully. This is of particular concern for those employees who are not covered under a health plan. If you are covered by a health plan, your requirement with regard to the law below is satisfied.

You may have heard that, starting July 1, 2007, Massachusetts law will require all residents over the age of 18 to have a minimum level of health insurance coverage (known as “creditable coverage”).

If you live in Massachusetts and you are over 18, you will be required to confirm that you have creditable health insurance coverage on your state income tax return, beginning with your 2008 filing (for calendar year 2007). If you do not have creditable coverage, you will lose your Massachusetts state personal tax exemption for the 2007 tax year. (Some exceptions may apply.)

Starting in 2008, if you fail to carry creditable coverage, you will be required to pay a penalty that is equal, in general, to half the annual cost of insurance coverage, as determined by state regulators. Massachusetts will first deduct the penalty amount from your tax return. If that is insufficient to cover the cost of the penalty, you will be forced to pay the remaining amount.

so...go get coverd
Appreciate 0