10-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
I've been running all season tires on my 335i since after the first month I got the car and I ditched the RFTs. This will be my second winter driving the car and I was thoroughly impressed by the car's ability to handle in the winter conditions.

My previous car was a VW Jetta (FWD) which I knew every single intricacy of and I knew what to expect. Two winters ago, I got it stuck twice and I I had to dig for hours to get the car out.

My E90 has performed significantly better than the VW even though it is a lot heavier, three times as powerful and RWD. I never got it stuck, nor have I ever been put in a scary situation by the car. Furthermore, I drove from Chicago to Denver and back through the biggest snow blizzard of the season. No problem whatsoever if you are careful and aware of the road conditions.

In your case, since you already have dedicated winter tires, you will not have any issues at all, for as long as you don't try to do any stunts. Those almost always end up bad.