View Single Post
      06-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #892
Stu667
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 320D F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattstorm View Post
I am amazed BMW are not doing a blanket repair of 4 of these new coils when cars come in as everyone knows when you get this problem it will just continue untill all 4 coils have been replaced with this new part!

Mine is still running great on these new coils, I'm even starting to relax about it and allowing the car to run in 5th gear at 1700 rpm where I used to stay in 4th to keep the revs at 2000rpm (as the missfires happened at 1800rpm ish for me) or staying in 4th rather than 3rd at slower speeds etc... Bought in January, just starting to really enjoy owning this great car.
Really pleased for you Matt and long may it continue! I think your case gives us all a little bit of hope.

I cannot understand why BMW don't just replace the lot if they are fully aware they all fail in quick succession. You would think with BMW being a prestige brand they would just sort it out and minimise the hassle they are putting their customers through, but no, it all boils down to costs at the end of the day.

A relation of mine once told me a heartwarming tale of how BMW replaced his clutch on his out-of-warranty 2004 coupe because they thought the clutch shouldn't have gone on a car that had only done 30k. They even did his front brakes free of charge while they were at it. Now they won't even replace four poxy coils on a car still under warranty?! Beggers belief.
Appreciate 0