View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #534
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

on a different note.... just changed the battery on the green frog today.... i tested the battery myself and it looks like its not holding a charge as well as it should anymore. didnt want to wait until the battery went completely flat so i changed it pre-emptively.

quoted price from dealer = $300 + cost of 1 hour labor + tax
price of replacement battery from walmart (EverStart sealed battery) = $118 + tax +DIY

battery swap was very simple to do. took me 20 mins from start to finish and i was taking my own sweet time. plus the walmart battery has a 3 year warranty versus 1 year warranty on the porsche battery. and walmart battery has higher cold cranking amps than the stock battery as well. also has higher amp-hour rating (battery capacity).

cant believe how much of a rip off these stealerships are. anyone who needs to get a battery change should just pay me $20 to do it... thats how easy it is. one thing you need is to have a battery maintainer handy so you can make sure the car doesnt lose all its memory and go crazy when you disconnect the stock battery from the car.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0