Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_sonictuning
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot View Post
I hate to sound like a jerk or like I'm beating a dead horse.. But that's why we buy BBS/HRE (insert "expensive" wheel brand here). Sure, you pay a lot - but the money is not only for the wheels. It's customer service. Interaction and ability to handle problems.

Probably the same reason I pay an annual fee on my American Express card. They always have my back.

Live and learn though, just save up and get a proper pair of wheels with a trusted reputation.
That's a good pointer, with the purchase of any wheel we explain production method and recommend a wheel that works for you.

Obviously, the strongest wheel being monoblock forged IE BBS, Ray, HRE. But not everyone can afford the price mark of 3-8k for a set of wheels.

With flow form/forged wheels become more and more popular, most of the brand we carry Enkei, Renn, TSW, HRE use the same manufacturing group
http://yhiautomotive.co.nz/

However, even the forged wheel suffer from pothole/roadwork and wear and tear.

This incident happened few years ago to one of our customer's LE28, due from road work. (he said he felt like he landed on the moon when it happened)
Great info and transparentness. Thank you for informing me on this.