View Single Post
      10-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilpark View Post
vikz - i have no idea what took so long for the car to get built. but i took your advice a week or two ago about contacting my dealer and asking them to speed things up. the car went into production the next day...

the dealer is actually a fairly large one - center bmw in sherman oaks.

man, waiting another 6-10 weeks from now would suck. i'm tempted to just take my deposit back and buy a 2010 335i coupe off a dealer's lot. i'm assuming they'll have some in stock now. but the car i ordered was built exactly how i wanted it...

I may not be correct, but I HIGHLY doubt that its going to be 6-10 more weeks..looking at the WW website at schedules..it seems like the trips are around 23-26 days...again I may be wrong, but depending on when your car gets on a ship--I want to say 4..MAYBE 5 weeks...which is still long, I feel ya..

again, call up your CA--get him on it..he can let you know everything, what ship, what voyage #, ETA..all that info.

the reason I asked about if the dealer was small--bc dealers get allocations from BMW depending on how many units the dealer gets out..so the bigger the dealer, the better your chance of getting an allocation sooner..if that makes sense
Appreciate 0