View Single Post
      04-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ie90
Does anyone have a detailed DIY to hardwire the valentine one radar detector through the fusebox?

I tried searching but could only find the hardwiring through the lighting console.
Hey I hardwired my Passport 8500 x50 to the fuse box, was thinking of writing a DIY but didn't get a chance. But I can give you a really quick heads up on what I did...

Radar detector right of rear view mirror. Ran wire under headliner to right A-pillar. Ran wire down black flap that lifts up all the way down to next to the glove compartment. Went left from there through a hole that comes out right in front of fuse box. Tried normal conventional fuse holders, that didn't work. Got pissed off, then decided to take a trip to Auto Zone. Bought this thing you should buy:http://www.anythinggps.com/browsepro...-100-Pack.HTML at autozone (get the mini fuse version, $7) It adds another fuse to the system, the instructions in the package do a very good job explaining how it works. Its a very clean install. I used the PDC/Homelink fuse, so the detector goes on and off when you turn the engine on and off. This should get you started post questions if you have them. It was a pain in the butt, especially getting to the fuse box through the glove compartment.

Oh, the positive side of the wire I used the adapter in the link above, the negative side I put an eyelet on and put under the light silver torx bolt on the left as a ground..

Everything works beautifully...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.

Last edited by Josh49; 05-08-2006 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0