02-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #41
nightops
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonic View Post
Please welcome your latest 3 series coupe owner...Me! Pics to come soon (I promise). Specs: 2008 335xi weather,sports and premium package with idrive, 55K miles. Jet Black-ext Carmel (Beige)-int

Some questions...

Satellite prepared-(no clue what this entails...I have the shark fin on top but no 'SAT' options in menu). Is the receiver installed? Options list says Sat prepared....

Ipod cable in glove cmptmnt (but phone not recognized when I plug it in, no CDC in Audio menu). Lost... Is this most likely just plugged into the back of the receiver without a reprogram of the radio?

Thanks
first off- you need to post some pics. I believe satellite prepared means you have access to the satellite stations but have to have a subscription to access them. I have it on mine and it works but i think thats because the subscription was prepaid...
As for the ipod in the glove- on mine it seems to be wired directly into the headunit and responds to the CD1 position on the Navi. Other Cds are in the CD2 etc positions. This is different than the 6fl ipod option where it is wired through the armest and comes in thru the aux input. This is the usual setup for the ipod option