View Single Post
      02-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #1140
timwicks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-Sport (N43)

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but hoping one of you may be able to help with my issues!!!

I have a BMW 320i (N43), couple of months ago it started with a slighty lumpy cold start and hesitation for about 10-15 minutes until it had warmed up. Also at this stage it sounded very ticky!!!

I had the timing chain kit replaced (preventative not because of a fault), coil packs, spark plugs and a full major service as well....this was around a month ago.

A few days ago after driving for about 45 minutes the car seemed to lose it power, it would still drive but seemed very flat and very lumpy. Also it seemed to bunny hop down the road if the revs fell below 1500

I had the AA out to the car who scanned the ECU (never had any lights on dash) and the code came up for the Mass Air Flow meter and the NOX sensor which was sulphurised.

Any way, managed to get the car into a BMW dealer who diagnosed the car with the same faults as the AA and changed both Mass Air Flow and NOX sensor, put the car into a "regen mode" and took it for a 30 minute blast down the motorway. As soon as I got the car home it again was lumpy on tickover, sounded very rough and was just not a very happy little motor!!!

The BMW dealer has said that all injectors had tested OK and there is nothing else showing as a fault but obviously there has to be something.

Any help anyone can offer will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tim
Appreciate 0