01-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Jamez
Private
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 325i

E90 Speaker Replacement Guide

Hi

I had this translated online from spanish to english by altavista so not all that fluent, but i figured i would repost it here since atleast the pictures and the general idea may help alot of people. Thanks to "Peter_ok" from BMW FAQ club for this guide. I may someday rewrite the text in fluent english but have yet to find the time.

Very good!
If teneis the sound equipment that takes of series the E-90 habreis given account to you of which it does not sound too much well, calm because vereis has facil already solution since it is not necessary to put in great expenses nor excessive modifications. The series equipment consists of radio Business, two loudspeakers in the front doors, two loudspeakers of serious under front seats and two but in the back tray. Both changing to loudspeakers of the front doors and the 2 of the back tray I have managed to improve much the sound of the equipment. I explain to you like doing it: The front loudspeakers of the doors and buttocks are of 4"or 100 mm of diameter. Those that I have mounted are a Infinity of 4"Reference series model 400ì (the new model which they are now removing to the market I believe that he is 401ì, they are equal changes single the housing) power of tip 105W, RMS 35W, sensitivity 92 db. Have cost 76? in Markt Average. There are two very important data that there is to consider if is that not comprais these same loudspeakers: 1 Depth of the loudspeaker for the front doors: Between the panel of the door and the window there is a depth of about 55 mm, not monteis a loudspeaker that excels but, you tocaria the window when lowering it. 2 the sensitivity of the loudspeaker: I advise to you that if you are not going to put power stage db in ahead is like minimum of 91, if it origin radio will not move them. Change of the front loudspeakers: It is necessary to disassemble the panels of the doors to be able to accede to the loudspeakers and to disassemble them. As much the right door as left dismounts practicamente equal, single they are different in which the one of the companion it takes the maneta to throw and the one of the conductor not by demas the form to disassemble is the same one. I explain the one to you of acompñanate. 1 Desmontar the decorative strip of the coating, to use a flat screwdriver to be making pressure towards outside and desencastrar the strip of clips, I advise to you to protect the end of the screwdriver with a fine cloth to avoid bordered. To begin by the front side of the door like in the photo. Patience because a little costs but leaves without problems clips are very resistant.

We continued by all the strip until having it everything disassembled.

2 Desmontar the cover of the gunner of the door: To use the protected screwdriver to loosen the staples again. To begin by down.

3 With a screwdriver Torx T20 to loosen the 4 screws, one goes just in maneta and three detras of the lodging of the decorative strip.

4 With the screwdriver we began to desgrapar the coating of the door by the zone of the photo following downwards until loosen all the panel. Hill a little but the staples are very good again, are not broken. It is that it is a Bemeta we do not forget jejejje to it.

This is an image of the disassembled panel so that veais where it is left each staple and hagais pressure in the necessary zone.

5 Once loose the panel is necessary to disconnect the connections that are three: A) Connector of elevalunas, throwing downwards of housing leaves without problems. In the photo that there is next he is the one of down. B) Cable of connection of the loudspeaker, I what I did was to both cut directly with scissors by the zone of the connector cables. This connector is not worth for the loudspeaker that pongais new. The series loudspeaker takes a condenser that does not make lack for anything in the new loudspeaker, leaves the loudspeaker along with. In the photo it is the cable of above.

C) Soltar the rip cord of the door, to make make it handle in the paper clip of fixation with a once loose screwdriver and throw upwards towards atras and, leaves with facility. In the photos it is possible to be seen very clear.

Vista of the disassembled cable

6 Already we can remove the panel from the door. We changed the loudspeaker of series by the new one. In order to fix it as they do not coincidian the anchorages I used washers to increase a little the base and to thus apovechar two of the original esparragos. For the other two anchorages of the loudspeaker I used screws for wood with washers and I directly fixed them to the panel. Very important the position of the terminals of connection of the loudspeaker must be towards where they are the cables, they are very short, the other way around would not arrive.

7 Engastar in the cables of the door that go to the loudspeaker the 2 terminals of connection, in this case faston small and one great one. I welded to the connections of the loudspeaker directly although the cable is short and costs a little. I advise the terminals to you. You respect the polarity of cables when connecting to the loudspeaker, the one that takes afranja red as it is logical is +. 8-Comprobar that the loudspeaker is listened to correctly. To verify that each staple takes its rubber washer. To present/display the panel and to connect the first cable of the opening of the door being done it to tilt and to enter its lodging, to connect the loudspeaker and elevalunas, to approximate already the panel to the door beginning by the part of above and being grapando again pressing with the hand. To verify that the closing works elevalunas well and of course the loudspeaker, would lack but. Necklace the 4 screws torx. To mount the cover of the gunner of the door and the decorative strip being made pressure with the hands, the fists also are worth but without going jejejje.

Ready, finalized door, the other door is equal but with 3 screws torx instead of 4 since there is maneta no to throw. I in the door of the conductor did not get to loosen the connector of elevalunas closes etc, I made the change without loosen it, if somebody holds the panel to you will cost to you less, but than nothing not to stretch too much of the cable. Change of the back loudspeakers: 1 Sacar the decorative grid with a screwdriver doing pressure in a lateral one.

2 Soltar the three screws that the loudspeaker takes with a key of 8mm. Sacar and to cut cables. Engastar the new terminals, to connect the loudspeaker and to fix it with the screws. Single I have fixed both that coincidian, is sufficient.

To place the grid and to enjoy the musica. I hope that he is to you useful, if teneis doubts you ask that I will help you in which can, a greeting.
Appreciate 0