04-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspaceman View Post
So when I had stopped by my dealer to have them check out my damaged rear bumper I asked my Service Advisor about Dinan. He was very quick to tell me that a Dinan exhaust messed up an '08 335i, causing the turbos to spool higher and alll sorts of other mumbo jumbo which, in all honesty, was above this layman's head.

Keeping in mind that:

1. My dealer doesn't sell or support Dinan products.

2. My LOCAL dealer not only sells and supports Dinan but actually promotes them on the counter at the service department (The service advisor there actually offered Dinan products to me).

Does this sound wacky to anyone? Will Dinan fix any engines their products mess up? Can an exhaust actually mess up an engine? I always thought that exhausts were an easy bolt on which was safe.

I am interested in adding an exhaust, intake and maybe a reflash but I don't want to get any hassle from the dealership.

Can someone clarify all of this nonsense for me????

What he told you is the complete opposite in reality. I love to go in there with and have chat with him….then talk to his manager about making up stories with him there....been there done that and ended well.

Orb
Appreciate 0