07-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #34
cuco
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 85 BMW R80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkee View Post
I track my 328i. Preempting any comments, yes I know I should be driving an M3... It's only money - right?

Anyway, I can tell you from personal experience that the E90 sedan uses rear pads faster than the front when both are the same compound! I normally run with the DSC off so that is not leading to excessive rear wear. The implication is the 328i has a rear brake bias. And that is not optimal for track driving where to brake hard you want the front brakes doing more of the work where the weight of the car is.

So, for me, I am contemplating changing out just the front calipers and parts to the 335i dual piston setup to see if I can shift the bias a bit more forward. Especially if I can find a 335i owner that wants to sell the parts after upgrading to a BBK. I see that the whole 3 series has the same master cylinder and the same front suspension knuckles which almost ensures that the pedal feel would be proper and that the 335i caliper carriers would bolt on with no problems.
There's no shame in tracking a 328. Its a great car to drive on street or track. Have you considered buying the BMW performance brakes instead of getting ones from a 335?