View Single Post
      06-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #82
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
If a "Tuner" wants to strip the car of all mods and then sell as stock, cool makes sense to recoup some cash. NOT mentioning that fact to a potential buyer is fraud, genuinely criminal. No wiggle room...

So how many who strip all the stuff off their cars truly sell with full disclosure?

I know because you can find the ads for vehicles that were here on e90 post when they are sold. There is often NO MENTION that it's been "tuned", formerly proceeded. Nope, just an add featuring a shiny "stock" car with "aftermarket wheels available". Then it's sold to the unsuspecting...

Are the Mods clearly the cause of this failure? Maybe not, but denying that garage mods seriously shorten lifespan is wishful thinking. We don't read about the failures here as they are tortured and dumped after just a couple of years, I don't know of anyone else here with a modded engine at 75K. They are always dumped off to the unsuspecting with what 20-30K miles?

Just like doing drugs, or smoking. It's not the Current condition that suffers so much as the damage being done now manifests later in life.

Either way OP, real shitty situation. Hope you can get something worked out. If the shop is indeed responsible maybe you'll actually get someone with integrity working there or managing ready to step up and do the right thing.
Dude, what's your angle? My car has 64K, tuned since before 10K. Yeah some parts wear faster and need to be replaced, but that's expected. I get oil analysis done by blackstone labs and the reports show engine wear is all normal and they recommend I can go longer OCI (I do 5K). Overall life of the engine will probably be less, but it sure as hell is going last a lot longer than 75K with proper maintenance, even at 400+ whp.
Appreciate 0