View Single Post
      04-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #78
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
Your phone connection isn't fully functional if you want charging In the same way your Ipod connection isn't fully functional if you want navigation of tracks via the steering wheel. Both require the purchase of an additional accessory.

As I said above, I think we can take the analogy a bit too far.

I fully agree with you that if the dealer intimated it could be used with the ipod, and let's be honest most of them probably do - I know I discussed dropping the CD Changer because I'd be using an Ipod with it, then they should cough up for the cable.

I think the dealers should discuss at the time of ordering (which no doubt when they become more familiar with the option they will) that this really requires a cable if (like most people) you plan to use an Ipod. They can then add it into the order for you or at least advise it will cost at the time of order.

In fact that will be my argument - it was clear at time of order that I would be using it with an Ipod and no mention was made of an additional cable being required. Fingers crossed That's 40 quid towards Zymol to keep it shiny......

Then again, as I think an earlier poster said - in the scale of a £40+k car is it worth a big argument over?
Appreciate 0