05-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
C/D ALWAYS picks the 3-series..
It goes back to icon David E. Davis' 1968 review "Turn your Hymnals to 2002".

It's a religion at C/D!

http://www.caranddriver.com/content/...r+%2768%29.pdf

Even when C/D doesn't seem to like the 3-series in question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/D
But the subjective side had to push hard against nagging reality. This stripper of a 3-series raises some value issues. Yes, the $36,475 as-tested price is lowest of the quartet, but fake leather on the seats? (BMW calls it leatherette.) No power on those many sport-seat adjusters? No satellite radio?

Add to that a short list of significant annoyances: “The fact that the radio display blanks out when wearing polarized lenses is, frankly, stupid. What is this, 1983?”

The starting ritual raises questions, too. “Why must I insert the remote fob into its dock, then move my hand to the start button? Why is that better than a key?”

“Why are the HVAC controls down by my knees?” And: “BMW must be the last holdout against indicating the fuel-filler location on the gas gauge.”
E91 6MT Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats.
Appreciate 0