Thread: Fan blower help
View Single Post
      10-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #1
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Fan blower help

I posted this in general section but had no response so trying here.

Last night was driving home about 10.30 and for the first time since summer the car gave the warning sound for low temp. Then when i was leaving for work this morning windscreen was all iced up. So winters officially here.

Anyway, this morning when i put on the blower to defrost the screen i was reminded of a strange problem that i had last winter and then forgot about. I pressed screen demist button which should turn the blower on full speed right?

Well when i press it the blower does come on and the display shows it as max speed, but it doesnt feel or sound like its on max. However as soon as i start to drive off it suddenly comes to life the way it should be. I dont even have to actually move the car. As soon as i bring the clutch to biting point there is a sudden rush of air. But then when driving the speed occasionally drops for a few seconds and then fixes itself. I have tried manually adjusting the speed to max but the same thing happens. If i rev the engine in neutral it doesnt make any difference, only when its in gear. Any ideas how to fix this?
Appreciate 0