NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
And BTW, the warning totally sucks: Ding! Yellow coolant over temp warning, 2 seconds later RED coolant over temp warning... Dove for the sholder (light traffic thank God) and shut it down. Coolant puked from the reserviour.
I'd been told that when the water pump fails, you go into limp mode for the overheat, and then the engine shuts down to protect itself when the pump fails. Did that not happen in your case?

I too would like to have a coolant temp gage, but I'm glad to have the oil temp gage rather than that totally useless MPG gage (E92 335i). Perhaps someone could come up with a way of coding the DME to make the MPG gage behave as a coolant temp gage for the non-turbo guys.

I believe some of the N54 software tuners have found ways to make the gages display different info that what they were intended to display.

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0