03-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by watabaotnao View Post
First of all, i bought my used E90 (automatic with N51 sulev...) from a non BMW dealer. They sent me a reminder saying that my car is Due for a 72K miles major maintenance <according to the manual they said... i didnt get one with the car so how would i know>

what are the maintenance for 72K miles and probably an approximate cost?? I will be bringing the car to an actual BMW dealer for maintenance stuff
As Matthew said, there is no 72k service - so stay away from that dealer.

If the car had been maintained by a BMW dealer, they will be able to read the history from your keyfob. In the meantime, you should be able to get an idea of what recommended items are coming up through the car's dash computer:

1. With the car idling but stationary, use the lever (not the end button) on the turn signal stalk and scroll up or down to access "SERVICE INFO".
2. Push the end button to select.
3. Use the lever to scroll through the various items. The mileage to the next service and/or due date will be displayed.

Although some folks on this forum don't care for their BMW dealers, I've found mine to be very helpful and professional in maintining 5 different BMWs over the past 15 years. if the first one you try isn't to your liking, search for another - but I would avoid using a non-BMW dealer unless you know they have the knowledge and tools to work on BMWs.

Tom
Appreciate 0