01-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #6800
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92mech View Post
Thanks Ænema,

I just confirmed what you said from the data from my last run. I should've thought about my question a little more before asking; of course load is mostly due to boost!

Interestingly, to your comment re: actual load calculation, it looks like MAP must be the most heavily weighted factor, just based on eyeball inspection of this graph. MAP and load are almost identical, and they follow the curve of boost.

As for my TPS closure, I'm assuming I need to get into ATR and add a little wastegate early on in the RPM range? Re: my Cyl 4 -4 correction, I'm not going to do anything, since it's based on a single WOT run--I think I need to see if this is consistent.

Thanks.
To deal with throttle closures log "Boost setpoint factor" and "MAF req(WGDC)" and then adjust the WGDC base table in the corresponding cells where the overshoots occur. The wastegates are 100% vacuum controlled(no spring) so you'll actually PULL a little WGDC out. For overboosting i like to make adjustments(reductions) by a factor of 5-10%. Relog and repeat if necessary.

Doing this you may run into boost oscillations(surges.) If you do that means you're close enough for the PID tables to try and correct it on their own(but can't) so just keep at it and you'll get there.