RedmumbaSeattle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
Sounds like you need an SUV not a sports car...
haha, there are times that I think exactly that! >.< I just moved to Seattle from NYC, and I used to think the BQE was bad! We're not even talking about highways here--local roads, even major ones, tend to have a ton of uneven pavement--not to mention potholes, patched potholes, manholes that are projected out from the pavement, holes in the roads, construction, etc.. I do steer around many of the big obstacles, but quite frankly, some of them are unavoidable and I can really feel them.

They are actually not run-flats--I bought the car used and the previous owner had replaced them, which I consider to be a great deal. I apologize for not mentioning this in my original post.

I've noticed other cars (hatchbacks, sedans, coupes, etc.) and they definitely seem to exhibit less movement than I do in my car. It just sounds to me like there's not a whole lot of dampening going on at all, and I'm wondering if it has to do with the quality or age of the existing shocks. Will going with something like the Koni FSD's provide a more stable ride?
Appreciate 0