01-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMS E90 335i AT

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Misfires

So, with my Cobb installed, I get misfires on 4 and 6. This originally started after running Stage 1+ with FMIC. I reduced it to Sport and it went away for a while, but came back a month or so later. It now does it all the time with the Cobb installed, but never has a problem at stock config. Took it to BMW for other problems (brake job/etc) and they couldnt find any problems with the coils/plugs since there were no codes being thrown or CELs. I know plugs were done 20k ago, but coils have never been replaced. I'm looking at coils as being the problem... Trying to get input of others that have had similar issues while under warranty to see what I should do. At this point I have left the Cobb uninstalled and keep praying to see a CEL at some point in time so I can get BMW to replace the coils... that $750 Cobb is burning a hole in my pocket though...

On a slight tangent - anyone got an idea what coils cost? I remember looking them up a year ago for my `07 and they weren't hella expensive, but weren't cheap either...

Thanks ahead for anything constructive criticism anyone can offer.

2007 JB e90 retired!
2008 BMS e90 stock for now
Appreciate 0