03-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #137
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC335 View Post
Couldn't agree more with also replacing the shifting arm. What a pain. However, the feel is a lot better than just replacing the short shifter lever. Since the SSK shifting arm is taller in size where the lever is attached, I could not install it by rotating it around the driveshaft. I actually dropped in from inside the car and worked in. Hope this helps...
I just finished the SSK kit install and let me tell ya... the Shift Arm replacement is a bitch! The rear bushing is so difficult to get loose and everything is so tight, very uncomfortable to work in there. I have no idea how you were able to drop the shift arm from inside the car. I tried that too endlessly and was only able to do it from underneath after a while!, bending the heat shield way back and dropping the Transmission Cross brace to get a little more room. It felt like playing tetris or some building blocks game when I was trying to set the shift arm in place and get pass the freaking drive shaft. Exhausting... But now that I'm done it's great! Love the shifting action in my car now .
Appreciate 0