04-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #39
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
Some years ago, I had a m3 serviced at Russel regularly. Their service department was just fine I thought. Their sales deptartment wasn't any good imo. Sales people were rather arrogant and would only talk to certain people when they walked through the door, just an observation. I went back to Russel to see what they had when I was looking to buy a 335xi. They had very few 335's or none at all, i forget. The salesman I talked to was new and was really nice, even showed me his 335. In the end I didn't trust Russel to handle the transaction. My view of their sales team is poor and i'm starting to question their service department.

The first time I had my m3 serviced there one of the techs dropped a wrench on the front quarter panel leaving a huge chip of paint missing - didn't tell me...thankfully i noticed it before I left the lot, they took care of it. Now i'm hearing stories of joy riding by service people...techs or the kids - don't know who.

I feel bad for the current management, I can't imagine they had anything to do with this and are trying to correct the problems Russel has...but in the end I went with BMW of Towson for the purchase and I must say I was impressed with the salesman Dave Kelbaugh who I worked with. Very helpful, didn't bs me, treated me like his own...not something I expected and was pleasently surprised by.

My BMWNA survey was all 5's and I made sure to leave a little extra +'s for Dave K. Most pleasent buying experience to date.

I'll say that when I enter a bmw service center and I see kids walk in with keys to a customers car ...its clear they aren't techs, but assistant...i begin to worry about my car. These days the only person you can fully trust to take care of your car is you.

Russel is sort of in the ghetto anyway, hope they find a new area to move to and can upgrade their showroom/service center - BMW of Towson and others all have very nice facilities.

My concern with BMW of Towson is the parking lot beyond the service area. I had an opportunity to drive my car into the lot with a mechanic. He wanted to hear the brakes squeaking. I noticed that there is a section where the pavements don't match up evenly. They put a orange cone there but you can see the cone has been ran over few times. The uneven pavement is huge. You can see the scrapes where the cars just bottomed out going over it. Just check you underside out when you get your car back. maybe i can see it on google map. FYI

Last edited by 1N54E92; 04-02-2009 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0