07-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
There has been a big clamp down in Scotland about the landlords/ estate agent rip offs.

They have to accept reasonable wear and tear. After a year they can't expect new items to look spotless.

Some of the guys I know got stung. They were charged inventory charges of £80 on entry and exit. Then the next tennant got charged again although he went in 1 day after the previous inventory check was done.

They are stopping all that nonsense.
glad to hear is turning into a good way!

i have spoken to the agent today, its just making the conversation turning into an argument. He keep saying that the dirt / mold on the curtain is not wear and tear and i should be responsibility for its expense to clean. He also saying there was a proof of invoice that previous tenant did. i understand thats party my problem, as i didn't open some of the windows, and only always open 1 set of windows, due to the apartment on the first floor and facing on the street. I think its something gets build up naturally over time, as that's not something i would grow or put it on the curtain purposely.

At least he is now saying will compensate to clean the kitchen, as he admit the oven wasn't in a good status when i moved in.

But I think its would be the same, if he is asking for me to pay for cleaning the kitchen, i would be more willing to do so than paying for the curtains.

Between, is it BY LAW the agent show register my deposit with one of those deposit agency or scheme? as i has been requesting a reference number for a day and only hearing we will look up the reference number for you.

Hope things will get solved eventually and cannot wait to be able to afford my own home
Appreciate 0