View Single Post
      07-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
saxman1001
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Sedan

2007 328xi transmission issues?

I recently purchased within the last 30 days a CPO 2007 328xi sedan (automatic) with 31k miles from a BMW dealer in Boston area. I had it serviced this week for what I felt were "jerking" issues on deceleration in DS mode. The service guy said this was normal, as the engine slows down the car when coming to a stop, but I wanted it checked out.

He said they would look at it. They reprogrammed the SIB(?) module in the car because it was not up to current rev. When I got the car back, it wouldn't get out of 1st or 2nd gear in (D or DS or manual mode) without accelerating to 4000 rpms or more. It wasn't drivable.

I got the car to limp back to the dealer on Friday. They were going to look at it and reprogram the computer again. It did not work, so they had to keep it over the weekend to do a complete reload of 3-6 hours with the computer. Then service guy suggests they may need to replace the entire DME(?) --- computer module on the car.

Have you heard of issues like this with this model/year (328xi / 2007)? I am very close to my 30-day, 1500 mile guarantee, and could exchange for a another car (minus the other expenses like sales tax etc I assume). Not sure whether to wait it out with service until they fix it completely or get another car.

I used to drive a manual transmission 2003 325i and it was fun, and while this new car still rides solidly like a BMW, the engine may be suspect?!? Any feedback, links would be great!!!

Thanks!
Greg
Appreciate 0