View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #204
blauner335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi Coupe

Sorry for the delay. I have been really busy lately. Just moved into a new house a couple weeks ago so that has been taking up lots of time. Anyways, I looked around some on the car and have been looking things up on the system. I've learned a lot, but there is still a lot more I need to know. The servo control motor was a little different than I thought it was going to be. Not a huge problem though. I am refining my idea a little bit but I think it will turn out much better. I think this is going to turn into a summer project for me. I am going to need to take a lot of data with the car up and running to make sure I get this right.

Quick question in case anyone knows: When you pull the fuse to make the car RWD, do you know whether that completely shuts off power to the servo control motor, or does the car automatically default the servo control motor to RWD by applying power to it since it senses an error? Or is it by default RWD? If no one knows, I can find out real quick by doing it myself, I just didn't have the time and equipment with me last weekend to do it.

I haven't had any game changers yet that says you cant do this, but like I said before, I don't want to get everyone's hopes up so don't take this to the bank.
Appreciate 0