12-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
RedRaiderDavid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i X Drive M Sport

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Brake Sensor Reset Help!

I was driving around a couple weeks ago got a notification that my rear brake pads needed to be changed. I know now that it was the 1st stage notification as the yellow brake light didn't come on the next time I drove and my nav screen showed there were 4100 miles left.
I went ahead and changed them, just the rear ones. I also replaced the sensor (BOWA?). I get in the car and it still says there is 4100 miles left on the rear pads. I went into the service reset menu (hold odo method) and reset the rear pad sensor and that's when everything went wrong. Now the brake light is on red and both rear AND front pads are saying they need to be replaced with miles left of "-------". Keep in mind I didn't touch the front brakes, they had 8000 miles left according to the service menu on my nav screen.
I did my research on here, unplugged the rear sensor, tried to reset it. I cut the wires on the old sensor, twisted them together and tried to reset it with that on and then plugged the new sensor back in checking to make sure none of the pins were bent and it was fully seated. None of that worked and my brake light is still on red.
I see that this issue is fairly common but none of the resolutions seem to work for me. Please help! I have a programming cable, is this something that can be resolved via tool32?
Appreciate 0