Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
+1

That is correct, I've done so in the past and will again this year when I am in France and Germany, I only rent for short periods of time. SIXT has a great selection of luxury cars in major European cities.
Also... many do not know this... but even if you only need a rental car for say four days... it is best to tell the rental agency you want it for two weeks or longer. That way you get the lowest daily rate. Many rental agencies make you pay a higher fee for the first two days or rental... then its dirt cheap every day after that! And normally they do not have any penalties for early return. That was the way I always rented cars. I always ask for the cost of the rental a few different time frames. For a week or two or three.. then I ask about any hidden charges/fees for early return or high kms(driving).

Also note with any of the big German rental car companies(SIXT, EUROPCAR, ect) - you can return the car to ANY rental station in Germany. Its only when you rent from outside of Germany or drop the car off outside of Germany(when rented in Germany) that it can get expensive.
Appreciate 0